Are you interested in becoming a military pilot but have concerns about the:
- 10-12 year full-time commitment to the active duty?
- Lack of guarantee for a pilot training slot?
- Uncertainly of your aircraft assignment?
- Uncertainty of where you’ll live?
Earning a pilot slot in the Guard or Reserves may be a great option if you desire:
- Security of a pilot training slot before ever starting officer training.
- Control on which aircraft you’ll fly before you ever start pilot training.
- Control of where you’ll live for the longevity of your military career.
- Flexibility to be full-time or part-time.
- Flexibility to pursue civilian opportunities (e.g. airlines, school, business, etc) while serving your country and flying the most advanced aircraft on this planet!
BogiDope Can Help!
We tailored the Civilian to Guard/Reserves content specifically for the men and women interested in attending Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT). Ask most current and former military pilots and you’re likely to hear that Guard/Reserve UPT slots are the best deal in military aviation! Lack of information regarding hiring specifics, deadlines, and opportunities has made these slots a seemingly well guarded secret that’s too good to be true. Well, it’s not. We know, because we went through it ourselves!
The BogiDope team is dedicated to filling that information gap. We offer a variety of features to help you achieve your dreams! Learn about the entire process with our library of articles. Make informed career decisions by first knowing what opportunities exist with our Interactive Map and Job Listing page. With specific data on over 175 Guard/Reserve flying squadrons, we’re confident you’ll find something that interests you. Finally, significantly increase your odds of landing that dream job by speaking with one of our pilots in a 1-on-1 consultation prior to any application or interview.
You’ve worked hard to make yourself competitive for a pilot slot. Let BogiDope help your aviation dreams become a reality — on your terms!