116th Air Control Wing is pleased to announce an Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT) selection board. This board will select candidates to attend USAF pilot training. Individuals who meet all qualifying criteria (listed below) are invited to apply.
All application packages must be postmarked by 1 October 2019. Please utilize the following delivery options:
USPS: UPS/FED EX:
128 OG/DP 128 OG/DP
Attn: Maj Chris Moore Attn: Maj Chris Moore
515 Borghese Drive 655 Blunk Drive, Bldg 2045
Robins Air Force Base, GA 31098 Robins Air Force Base, GA 31098
The candidate selected by the board will be invited to join the Georgia Air National Guard as Drill Status Guardsman (officer), also referred to as Traditional Guardsmen. Upon completion of all training, officers will be retained as Drill Status Guardsman (Part-Time). The opportunity to apply for full time employment as a Federal Civil Service Technician, or as an Active Guard Reserve, may occur periodically following the completion of all training.
UPT candidates will be interviewed by a board consisting of members from the 116th Air Control Wing. The objective of the selection board is to choose the finest candidate(s) for a commissioning opportunity in the Georgia Air National Guard and a subsequent assignment to perform duties as an aircrew member aboard the E-8C JSTARS.
More E-8C information can be found here.
Training for potential JSTARS aircrew will begin with an assignment to the Officer Training School, an eight-week commissioning school at Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Montgomery AL. Newly commissioned officers will then proceed to Pueblo, CO to attend USAF Initial Flight Screening Program – a six week introduction to military flight training if the individual does not have a PPL. Successful candidates will then advance to one of three UPT bases (Columbus, Laughlin or Vance), where over the course of 50 weeks, they will undergo intense military flight training and earn USAF pilot wings. Water and combat survival will be accomplished after attending undergraduate flight training. Members will then be assigned to the 129th Combat Training Squadron at Robins AFB, GA, where they will receive initial qualification training aboard the JSTARS. Total training duration is typically two years from beginning of AMS to completion of E-8C crew member qualification training.
1 OCT 19 : Package Submittal deadline
17 OCT 19 : Notification of Selection to Interview
TBD NOV 19 : Board Interviews
Applicants submitting packages for this opportunity must include the following:
• Cover letter explaining your desire to be a military pilot.
• One page résumé outlining education and work history.
• Three letters of recommendation.
• AFOQT Scores.
• TBAS (Test of Basic Aviation Skills) Scores.
• Official College Transcripts (sealed).
• Copy of any FAA licenses/ratings (NOT a requirement). Those that already have some training and demonstrated ability are typically more competitive. Document, if any, civilian flying experience. Include photocopy of the last page of your pilot’s logbook with hours totaled by the Squadron Commander or a certified letter from a flying club or flying service stating the type of instruction you have received and the total number of hours you have flown.
• Proof of US Citizenship (Birth certificate/US Passport/ Certificate of Naturalization).
• Any citations or significant awards (prior or current military only).
• Last 3 OPRs / EPRs (prior or current military only).
• Total Active Federal Commissioned Service Date (current military officers only).
• Completed AF Form 24 – Application for Appointment as Reserve of the AF
• Completed AF Form 215 – Aircrew Training Candidate Data Summary
• Completed AF Form 2030 – USAF Drug and Alcohol Abuse Certificate
• Completed AF Form 2807-1 – Report of Medical History
• Moral Category Questionnaire – Obtained through Hiring POC
***Please submit your packages in loose-leaf format inside a manila folder. Bound packages will be broken down for processing and are strongly discouraged. Most forms can be found online through http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/ ***
Applicants must meet the following Prerequisites:
• Birth date after 1 Oct 1991
• Must not exceed 5 years beyond Total Federal Commissioned Service Date (TFCSD) as of UPT start date (current military officers only).
• Baccalaureate Degree (or higher) completed from an accredited University or College.
• Achieve minimum qualifying scores on the AFOQT;
BA/BS Complete: Verb: 15, Quant: 10, Pilot: 25, Nav: 10, Pilot+Nav > 50
(competitive scores are significantly higher)
• Pass a USAF Flying Class I Physical (administered after candidate selection).
• No UCMJ actions, DUI/DWI, history of drug/substance abuse, or felony criminal convictions (must be able to obtain Top Secret security clearance at a later date).
• Meet US Air Force appearance standards.
• Able to pass US Air Force Physical Fitness Test (Prior to AMS start date).
• Be available to attend the Selection Board at Robins AFB in November 2018. No phone interviews/extensions will be offered.
For confirmation of receipt, additional information and coordination, please contact:
Maj Chris Moore
Cell (478) 365-5331