UNIT OF ASSIGNMENT, POINT OF CONTACT, AND PHONE NUMBER:
164th Airlift Squadron
Mansfield Lahm Airport, Ohio 44903
Lt Col Patrick Cooney 164 AS Chief Pilot
Capt Matt Bulanda
ANNOUNCEMENT NO: 179-20-01 C-130H Pilot
POSITION, TITLE, GRADE
Traditional Guardsman (Part-time)
OPENING DATE: 11 February 2019
CLOSING DATE: 3 May 2019
MAXIMUM MILITARY GRADE: Major
DUTIES: Individual selected will be trained to pilot a tactical airlift platform. Individual will fill a training quota slot for FY 2020 (Oct 2019-Sep 2020)
EVALUATION PROCESS: Evaluation will be based on the information provided and meeting a Pilot Trainee Review Board currently scheduled to convene on 8-9 June 2019 at the 179th Airlift Wing. Applicants chosen for an interview will be notified in mid May to allow time to coordinate travel arrangements to meet the board. The interview process will span both days.
APPLICATIONS MUST CONTAIN:
- Cover Letter stating intent, must include Announcement Number, Position, Title and Grade
- Air Force Form 24(handwritten black ink acceptable)
- Letters of Recommendation (three at a minimum)
- Applicant Picture (color)
- Certified College Transcript
- Air Force Officer Qualifying Test (AFOQT) Scores
- Pilot Candidate Selection Method (PCSM) Scores
- Test of Basic Aviation Skills (TBAS)
- FAA Pilot License (if applicable)
- Current FAA Physical (if applicable)
- Last 3 EPRs/OPRs (applicable for Military Only)
- Current RIP (Report of Individual Personnel) (applicable for Military Only)
- Must possess a Bachelor Degree, or higher, by 1 October 19.
- Must be under 30 years of age prior to start date of Undergraduate Pilot Training Course (FY20).
- Meet all physical standards (or medically acceptable with a waiver) as specified in AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards, for Pilot, Combat Systems Officer (CSO) and Air Battle Manager (ABM) training.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for position vacancies without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, lawful political or there affiliations, marital status, membership or non membership in an employee organization, or to any handicap which does not interfere with accomplishment of position requirements.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 4:30PM ON THE CLOSING DATE BY THE 179AW MILITARY PERSONNEL FLIGHT, MANPOWER AND PERSONNEL SUPERINTENDENT. We also encourage you to send an electronic copy of all documents listed via email to email@example.com.
179FSS; ATTN: SMSgt Alisha Moore
1947 Harrington Memorial Road
Mansfield Lahm Airport
Mansfield, Ohio 44903-0179