Join the Discussion

Ask questions, find answers, and connect with the BogiDope community.

Home Page Version 2 Forums Air Force Next Pilot Rating?

  • Next Pilot Rating?

    Posted by Sam4 on February 12, 2024 at 3:00 pm

    Hey all,

    I am a private pilot with an instrument rating and wanted to get some opinions on whether it is worth getting my commercial pilot’s license before UPT. I am about to be at 250hrs and am debating whether to get my commercial before UPT but have also been thinking about skipping it and just getting my multi-engine add-on. Or should I not get any of these and just keep on building hours, not sure how beneficial each option would be. Thanks.

    Unknown Member replied 5 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mussels

    Member
    February 13, 2024 at 1:31 am
    195 BogiPoints

    It depends on if you already have UPT dates. If you are interested in working as an instructor or pipeline pilot while you wait for your dates than I think it is probably worth it. You will be getting all of your ratings at UPT, so if you are going after it just to have it on your license before you go then I don’t think it is worth the time and money. If it were me, I would only work on getting them if you plan on using them now. If not, just wait for the airforce to give them to you.

  • Unknown Member

    Deleted User
    February 13, 2024 at 4:05 pm

    mussel hit the nail.

    if your shooting to be a part timer and also in the airlines, save the money and apply after seasoning (assuming you hit the hours requirement).

Log in to reply.