Join the Discussion

Ask questions, find answers, and connect with the BogiDope community.

Home Page Version 2 Forums Air Force 159th Fighter Wing Application Status

• Cameron_Robertson

July 27, 2023 at 7:04 pm
    225 BogiPoints

Hey, don’t mean to be a jerk or anything, but there is a minor error. Florida’s unit is the 159th Fighter *Squadron*, and is part of the 125th Fighter Wing; the 159th Fighter Wing is here in Louisiana, which encompasses the 122nd Squadron. Again, I don’t mean to be a jerk with such corrections, it’s an easy mistake to make, but I wanted to stop any confusion that could arise from this, as I’ve seen a lot of people get confused with applying to wings and squadrons that have the same number and going off in the wrong direction.

-Cameron R.

• bryangros2020gmail-com

August 7, 2023 at 10:45 am

Big woops on my part. I almost always put 159th FS. Oversight on my part.

Thanks!

• Anthony

July 28, 2023 at 9:27 am
    85 BogiPoints

A couple weeks ago they said they were finishing processing applications and phone interviews should be going out in the next few weeks

• mahendar-chellaram

July 28, 2023 at 3:11 pm
    2260 BogiPoints

So that’s a great point … I’ve always been unsure whether to refer to the Squadron by their “### Fighter Squadron” or “### Fighter Wing” name. Is there a standard way to refer to a given squadron?

• Cameron_Robertson

July 29, 2023 at 5:43 pm
      225 BogiPoints

I don’t know if there’s a set procedure or anything, but when in doubt it doesn’t hurt to just use whatever designation they themselves use in the ads/email/etc.

• Joseph

July 31, 2023 at 11:43 pm
    1335 BogiPoints

It seems to be the most common to refer to the squadron as opposed to the wing. Granted I can’t imagine referring to the wing will upset anyone, but squadrons tend to be a bit more specific versus a wing which is a bit more broad.