Float Plane Pilot
Website Copper Valley Air Service
Copper Valley Air Service
Full-Time Position at Gulkana Airport
Compensation: Depends on Experience
Summary: To pilot and navigate fixed-wing aircraft on twice weekly mail routes to McCarthy, Alaska for the transport of passengers and cargo and scenic flightsee routes. Requires FAR PART 135.243(b) at a minimum.
• Start engines, operate controls, and pilot airplanes to transport passengers, mail, and freight
according to flight plans, regulations, and procedures.
• Monitor engine operation, fuel consumption, and functioning of aircraft systems during flights
• Check aircraft prior to flights to ensure that the engines, controls, and other systems are
• Obtain and review data such as load weights, fuel supplies, weather conditions, and flight
schedules to determine flight plans and identify needed changes.
• Choose routes, altitude, and speeds that will provide the fastest, safest, and smoothest flights.
• Provide information, assistance, and excellent service to all passengers. Including help load
baggage, assistance entering and exiting the plane, and a narrative tour of each flight.
• Maintain flight records, mail tracking records, aircraft discrepancies, etc.
• Maintain positive working relationships with office manager, other pilots, and partnering air
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Time Sharing – Ability to shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of
• Customer and personal service – knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal service. Including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service,
and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Language – Fluent in English, exceptional grammar and composition skills. Fluent in other
languages is preferred but not required.
• Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to
develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Including being able to identify when
something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
• Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others in the most efficient way
• Requires FAR PART 135.243(b) at a minimum.
• Current Class II Medical
• 1000 total time at a minimum preferred
• Beaver, tailwheel, and float experience preferred
• Personal demeanor, customer-service orientated attitude
Work Conditions & Tools Provided:
• Housing may be arranged for the right applicant.
• Must be available during weekdays. Hours and days will be finalized with Martin & Laura
• Martin & Laura Boniek (owners of Copper Valley Air Service)
Works with: • Office Manager of Copper Valley Air Service
• Pilots at Copper Valley Air Service
• Pilots of Partner Air Carriers
Please send your resume and a brief overview of why you are a good fit for this position to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.